Calvin and Hobbes fans unite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Calvin and Hobbes fans unite

This forum is the place to discuss the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. Whether you've been reading forever or if you're a new fan, come and talk about this awesome strip and have fun!

History of the Calvin and Hobbes books (plus how to take care of your books)

candh5
    candh5
    Admin

History of the Calvin and Hobbes books (plus how to take care of your books)  Empty History of the Calvin and Hobbes books (plus how to take care of your books)

Post  candh5 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

This is just some basic information about the books:

Here's a list of Calvin and Hobbes published books and treasuries:

Calvin and Hobbes
    Something under the bed is drooling
    Yukon Ho
    Weirdos from another planet
    The Revenge of the baby-sat
    Scientific Progress goes Boink
    The attack of the deranged mutant killer monster snow goons
    The days are just packed
    Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat
    There's Treasure Everywhere
    It's a Magical World

Treasuries:

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (combines the books Calvin and Hobbes and Something under the bed is drooling.)

The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes (combines the books Yukon Ho and Weirdos from another planet)

The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes (combines the books The revenge of the baby-sat and Scientific progress goes boink)

The Calvin and Hobbes complete collection:

Released in Fall 2005, This collects all Calvin and Hobbes strips in three hardcover volumes. The volumes come in a slip case. This collection has an introduction from Bill Watterson, all of the photos, poems and art from the previous book collections, and more. The paper is glossy and the colors are clear and crisp. I would recommend reading the regular paperback collections over this so you can keep it in good condition. I noticed that the binding on mine became loosened due to my reading it so much. You can either buy the individual books, or the three set collection. It's a good idea to buy the first book collection if you're new to Calvin and Hobbes, or a treasury. (Treasuries are great because they combine two of the books in one.) Be warned: the hardcover version of the complete collection is heavy and it's hard if you want to carry it around with you. Just leave it on your shelf at home if you own it Wink.

A new paperback edition of the complete collection was released in 2012.

Care of your books: Here are some tips from me so you can keep your Calvin and Hobbes books in quality condition:

Don't bend the covers back too far so you don't loosen the binding

To avoid staining the pages, don't eat or drink while reading your books

This might sound weird at first when I say this, but please only allow people you really know and trust to read through your books. Younger children most likely won't know how to read through them properly, and you probably want to avoid a page accidentally being teared out or crumpled.

The best way to turn a page in a Calvin and Hobbes book is to lift up the corner on the right, and turn the page over. Smoothing out the page after you turn it helps too.

I hope this information was helpful, and more info on Calvin and Hobbes will come soon Very Happy

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:10 am